Warm-up: Discuss this quote, "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."- Benjamin Franklin (5 minutes)
- Find the message units, primary stress, and intonation in the quote "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." Remember every message unit has a primary stress.
- Now, let's go through this handout.
Giving Concise Answers
p. 94-95 in Communicate. As you discuss the questions, try to use appropriate intonation. I will go around the room and give you feedback.
Questioning Strategies Activity (9:30)
- Use these questions to help you, if you need ideas.
Next Class: Undergraduate student visit
1. Choose which day you want to present your mini-lecture next week, here.
2. Read pgs 85-86 in preparation for undergraduate student visit Thursday.